Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blast Off!

So, I am launching a blog.  Actually, its more like lobbing it out into cyberspace, eyes closed, fingers crossed, just seeing what happens or if it even breaks through my braincan'twrapitselfaroundtechonology barrier and makes it out to the actual web. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing, and if you do I would greatly appreciate some assistance.  This poor little blog is being driven blind, with absolutely no navigation system, and by someone very likely to mash the wrong buttons.  Anyway, here goes....

So, I am Haley.  Hi.  What now?  I have a feeling the basic aspects of my life will unfold over the course of my ramblings, so I will spare you a detailed personal history.  But, in general, I am just a girl, going about her daily life, on a small island in the Ionian sea, playing wife to her adorable Greek husband, and wondering just exactly what the future has in store.

I only very recently started reading blogs at all, and I was hooked pretty fast.  I will spare you the names of the blogs I have crawled out of bed after Christos is asleep to continue reading, attempting to open crackling candy wrappers without awakening him and alerting him to my addiction (to both the blogs and the candy).....  Most of these people I am reading about I do not actually know (but that is okay, right?  Isn't that pretty normal in blogland?)

Anyway, I decided to start this blog because:

1.  I live very far away from my family and friends.  I think this will be a great way to stay in touch.  If you know me at all, you know that I hate to talk on the phone.  Because I am a bit too far away to jump in the car in my pajamas to run over and chat, or, better yet, to meet you for cheap Mexican to chat, and not near enough people come to visit me to sit on the beach and chat, I tend to fall off the radar for months at a time and we just don't get to chat.  So, this way, I hope, I can keep up with all of  you better.  And, for those of you that have not yet gotten to visit my humble abode/ island, you can get a taste of what my life is like over here and at least imagine what exactly it is that I do all day. 
2.  I do not (and never have) keep a journal of any sort.  For me, it becomes a chore, something like homework, to have to sit down at the end of the day and record my actions.  I get bored, I lose interest, and I do not do it.  But I wish I had someone did it for me, because I want to be able to look back.  Also, I am awful about my pictures (ask my husband).  I often forget my camera (and sometimes bring it, but it gets so lost at the bottom of my embarrassingly disorganized purse that I think I forgot it, when, in fact, I did not).  When I do actually take pictures, it is rare that they ever make the leap from camera to computer/print/disk/frame/any medium rather than stashed in camera.  So, hopefully, this will help me make a better account of my life, like a live journal/ scrapbook/ photo album.
3.  I am not working at the moment, and, while I stay strangely busy just keeping house, cooking, exploring, etc., I would like a way to maintain more contact with the outside world in a way that causes no outflow of cash, and I needed a hobby and something to get me inspired a bit.
4.  I was reading other people's blogs and they looked like fun and I got jealous and I wanted one too.

So, come along, keep me company, let's play..........

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!! Makes me feel much closer to you and what's going on!!! And... I can access the blog at school! :) XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete