Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hardly Real

Saturday night, I applied makeup for the second time since Maria arrived, actually went so far as to adorn myself with jewelry this time, and had a girls' night out!!

Daddy kept his baby girl while I headed out with the ladies!  Five of us gals living life with a foreign man in a foreign land went out for lots of food and lots of talk and lots and lots of laughs.

It was such a strange thing to be sitting around with the girls talking and laughing just like so many many times I have in the past and realize that I have a baby.  I caught myself on many occasions throughout the night suddenly thinking "I have a baby."  Being back in such a familiar social situation it was just so strange to fathom that I actually have a baby waiting back at home.


At one point we were talking about these Greek meatballs covered in eggplant (so delicious) and I mentioned that I craved them a lot when I was pregnant.  I was startled to say those words, "when I was pregnant."  I mean, it is still all so surreal that I have now been pregnant, had a baby, and now have a sweet baby daughter.  So unreal.  But also so very good.



I just cannot wrap my mind around the fact that it all actually happened.


I actually wanted to get a picture of us gals at our favorite table at our favorite taverna, but I did not think about it until the end of the night, and, by then, I was kinda antsy to get back on the road.


We had such a fun time and so many laughs, but, at the end of the night I found myself pretty eager to get back home to my two favorite people waiting for me there.  I may have driven a little fast on the way home!!!!


Maria had stayed awake the whole time I was gone.  I don't think she wanted to miss a second of having Daddy all alone! 

Would you have driven fast if this was waiting????

2 comments:

  1. The little princess is growing! You keep her dressed so cute. What color are her eyes? They change according to the light and it is hard to tell the true color. Can't wait to have our webcam visits!!! Love to all, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie pie!!! She is adorable, and yes, I have found myself wishing I owned a time machine or a helicopter some nights to get myself home more quickly. So glad you are having fun as a mom!

    ReplyDelete