Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hello World

This is Baby Maria here.  Mommy is passed out due to a lack of sleep, and I thought I would take up the reins and give y'all a little update on what I have been up to lately.

This is me wearing an outfit from my Uncle Greg in Athens.  There was some talk about his football team being yellow and my Daddy's team not liking yellow.....I did not follow all of that, but I really liked my new clothes.  And, hey, I am a girl after all, it's not what the color stands for...it is how good I look when I wear it.  And I thought I looked pretty darn cute.  And even Daddy could not complain. 

I also had my first little tummy bug.  That is what they are calling it.  It may, in fact, have been something Mommy ate that I found utterly revolting.  Either way, we were up all night and I did not feel good at all.  And, if it was Mommy's fault, I certainly gave her a lesson in eating random olive pastes from jars.  This is what I looked like all day the next day. 

I think that Mommy told you that I had my "churching" last week.  What she may not have mentioned was what happened the day before.  I had my first shots.  It was not fun.  That also explains why I look so peaceful in all my pictures from the churching.  I was passed out cold for about 24 hours.  I did not even care when Mommy held me up in the air like little lion cub Simba for all the world to see.

I also went out to eat for the first time for my Aunt Kristal's birthday.

I heard the word "disaster" a couple of times that night.  I really did not want to be there, and I let that be known to all.  I asked Mommy if she thought she was crazy for taking me out that day.  

I also asked Mommy if she was crazy for going out in public looking like that.  I have to say, she looks a little weak in the eyes.  And what is up with that broomstick hair?  Oh, what was that?  She would have straightened it if they were not already running half an hour late? 

Anyway, I am not a fan of people around me eating when I cannot eat.  So, Mommy and Daddy passed me back and forth....
....until finally they gave up, boxed up their food, said Happy Birthday to Kristal, and left.
 
I hear they plan to attempt taking me out again soon.  I cannot wait.

Other than that, back at home I have been practicing some dance moves.....

I am working on the hula,
A little Irish jig,
The lawnmower,
The worm,

And, to humor Mommy, some cheerleading moves.  They can be hard.

Dancing is so fun.  Sometimes I laugh so hard it makes me cry.
Ah, good times.

All that dancing fun makes Mommy and me pretty tired.  We catch some rest anywhere and any way we can these days.
 
I have also really gotten to enjoy just spending time relaxing in my boppy.

As you can see, I have really been packing on the poundage of late.  They say it looks good on me.  I am still a pretty small gal though.  I am an eating machine, but with all that dancing and my active lifestyle, I guess it is easy for me to maintain my girlish frame.
That picture above is me passed out on Mommy and Daddy's bed while Mommy walks in place on this funny machine.....something about her attempting to maintain her own girlish frame.  Maybe it is more hard for her.

So, ladies and gentlemen, those are the days of my life. It was good to talk to you.

I'll get back to you another day.

2 comments:

  1. I am amazed that at just 7 1/2 weeks of age, Maria's writing style is so much like her mother's! What a child protege!! She made me laugh so hard that I cried! LOVE the dance moves!!! I can't wait to see, hold, kiss and snuggle with her!!!
    LOVE TO ALL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So talented! Already writing her autobiography! She inherited good smart genes from her mommy & daddy. She has the cutest expressions and I am sure she takes full advantage of them. Hugs & Kisses!!!!XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete