Monday, May 23, 2011

A Good Day

Maria is 3 months old today!!!!
 


This little cutie has had a busy month, and she is getting more fun and playful every day.





She loves to laugh and smile and "talks" all the time!



She still loves to ride in the car and bathtime.

She also loves to be read to.  She will sit still and let me read her 10-12 books at a time.  And she actually looks at the pages like she really understands.



She is also totally enthralled by her feet lately and loves to watch them and grab them.

She is still sleeping in the nap nanny at night and in her swing in the day, but her favorite place to nap continues to be in our arms.


And she loves sleeping on Daddy's chest.





This month was a lot of fun for Maria and held a lot of adventures.  When Pop and Yaya were here, she saw lots and lots of her island.





And she ate up being spoiled by both her grandmothers!!


As I was making her little sign for her 3 month picture this morning, I started thinking about how different each month has been on her "birth anniversary."  The day she turned a month old was during the hard hard days, and that day was particularly hard.  I had planned on making a little sign and having a photo op, but it was absolutely just not gonna happen.  I did take some pictures, but they were not great.  And she was not happy about it.  My mom called that night and said if I had time I should make a little "1" sign and take some pictures.  I burst into tears and said that was what I had wanted and planned all along, but it just could not happen.  It could have been a better day.



The day she turned 2 months old was a much better day.  She was not napping regularly at that point at all, but that day happened to be one of the rare occasions when she went down for a couple of hours.  I ran around the house like a maniac taking care of things, anticipating her waking up at every moment.  I could not believe I actually had the chance to make the sign, though I did so in total silence convinced she would wake up at any second and I would not be able to finish.  I got so carried away with the coloring (it is therapeutic) that I even made a fun little Easter card from Maria to Daddy.  And I was elated that she slept through it all.  I even got to put the crayons away.  She woke up and I was able to get some really cute snaps, and I felt so accomplished.  It was a much better day.



Today, I felt totally at ease, knowing that there was at least a 90% chance she would take a good long morning nap.  I had a cup of coffee while I took my time checking Facebook and then made her a little sign.  I felt pretty good about the fact that she would dream away while I had the chance to do my monthly coloring therapy.  And I had no doubt it would not be too hard to get some good pics of that cutie and her big smile.  She wears it almost all the time these days.




What I was not prepared for is how darn fast she moves these days (and how darn unfast my camera is) and how she is so much larger now that she kept knocking the sign away with her arms.



And we had a fun and happy day of sunshine, playtime, and shopping.  It was a good day.

So, they were all right.  It does get easier, day by day, month by month.  Baby steps.





1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe Maria is already 3 months old! The month-by-month updates are priceless. I LOVE the picture of you and her on the beach - truly worth a thousand words. Unadulterated mother's love!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete