Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Do you know that.......

My husband, Christos, is a twin????

Yep, he has a twin brother, Makis.  
                           
They are, obviously, not identical, but twins they are.  Christos's father's family has a fair share of twins.  It is a strange thing; there are an inordinate amount of twins on this island.  Some days in town it can be a bit like one of those old “Double Mint” gum commercials…matching pairs of people popping out everywhere.  And, I have really become more accustomed to seeing a double stroller than a single one. 

I know these things can be hereditary, and, on an island as small as Corfu, where there is bound to be a certain amount of (how shall we say?) repetitive-gene-sharing (it's okay, I am from Alabama, I am allowed to say these things) it is only natural that the twin trait gets spread around.  After all, every set of twins passes the trait along double. 
Christos's mother had no idea she was having twins….  As a woman on a small island, from a village, decades ago, she did not have the near the same prenatal care we take for granted today.  She had Christos (he is older by about half an hour) and then, a bit later, contractions started again, and out came Makis!  Surprise!  Can you imagine the curve-ball that would throw in this age of planning to the smallest detail??!!?

So, meet Makis…he is very excited to say hello!!!!!
And his leading lady, Kristal. 
Kristal is from Vancouver, Canada.  Yes, we are both North-American transplants.  What can I say?  They are twins!! 

I absolutely adore Kristal, and I could not have hand-picked a better (almost) sister-in-law!  And she and Makis seem to like each other pretty good too!!!!
                                                
Aren't they cute??

I am really happy I have Christos, and I am really happy Kristal and Makis have each other, and I am really happy Kristal and I have each other, and it goes without saying that Christos and Makis could not imagine life without one another!!!!

We certainly have a lot of fun...double you might say!!!!

And, I am really HAPPY to announce that these guys have a BIRTHDAY coming up in a matter of days!!!!

More on that later.......

Haley





















No comments:

Post a Comment