Thursday, March 10, 2011

Maria Danese

At long last, I am happy to introduce the new leading lady in our lives.....

Maria Danese Vasilaki made her grand debut at 10:30pm on Wednesday, February 23.
 

She weighed in at a healthy 2.85 kilos (aka 6lbs 5oz) and 48 centimeters (aka 19 and 1/8 inches).

 

The whole experience of having her was absolutely nothing that I could have prepared for and was all very fast and a really unusual delivery.  I plan to share all that later.  I love reading birth stories, and as soon as I can find the time, I plan to get mine down.  I cannot imagine forgetting even a single detail, but I still would like to have it recorded to look back on later.


For now, we are acclimating to life with our little angel.

 

We are both dealing with a pretty real lack of sleep, and every day lately when Christos gets home from work he has a good laugh at my appearance.  Makeup is a thing of the past, and pajamas are the name of the game around here.




One thing is for certain, her daddy has fallen hard and fast for her.  And she can stare at him for hours.  They have established their own little mutual admiration society.  And I love it!!!!


We are all really happy and fall more in love with that precious face every day.




I will be back as soon as I can.  These days, for the most part, when I can get to the computer at all, it is usually only to look, one-handed, as I almost always have an adorable little bundle in the other hand.  That has made it a little hard to catch y'all up, but I would not have it any other way!

3 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! I am looking forward to the many stories you have to tell. Congratulations, again, Haley and Christos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't look at her pictures nearly enough. She makes the cutest faces! Love to all, Nana & Poppa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Haley!! She is precious!!

    ReplyDelete