Tuesday, June 28, 2011

4 Months....And a Few Days

As of last Thursday, Baby Maria is 4 months old!!!!


I am a little late with the posting because that whole nap thing she did for about a month went the way of the dodo bird this past month.


In case y'all have not caught on by now, my amount of blogging is in direct correlation to Maria's amount of sleeping.  When was my last post?  A couple of weeks ago?


 How does this baby not sleep????  I mean, really, how can a human manage on so little sleep?  This mama human sure cannot.  Although, I am constantly surprised by how little sleep I do manage to be (relatively) functional on.


I was not allowed the luxury of my monthly coloring therapy this month due to the no nappage situation, thus there are no cute 4 month pics with a four month sign, but some of the pictures today were actually taken on her four month birthday, so that counts!!!!

In all of her non-sleeping hours of the day, this little baby is a busy one.  For one thing, she is growing fast.  At her check-up last week, she measured in the 75th percentile for both weight and height.  I was so happily surprised at this given how petite she was at birth and for the first couple of months.





I was also elated that she is so big and healthy with breastmilk alone after all the discouragement I got about that in the early months.  The pediatrician actually said that I "must have good milk."  Ha!  Take that all you Greek doctor breastmilk doubters!!!!

She really plays with her toys now.


And she is really really vocal, talking and talking all day long


Also, in the past month, Maria has really begun to enjoy the beach.


We usually start with a little water play time.


 

Followed by a walk to the end of the beach and back.  Always in daddy's arms...he is not much in the way of sharing when he gets the chance to hold her and show her off.  And he is so proud.  He struts down the sand like a saltwater peacock.  And that is okay.



She usually gets tired and falls asleep in Daddy's arms on the walk.


And she ends up like this...and for at least a small amount of time Mommy and Daddy relax. 


She is also a hair-puller extraordinaire.  She has pulled hair since birth, but, as she has gotten stronger she is able to do a lot more damage.  She literally pulls out my hair by clumps.  When I do lay her down in our sleep attempts, it is usually with a fistfull of my hair in her fat little hand, and our house is covered with her discards.  I am endlessly fascinated by examining my hair and how BLACK it is on the top half.  It is crazy.  I really am a natural blond, and while it has naturally gotten darker as I have aged (counteracted by me unnaturally restoring it to its natural state) it has always been fairly light.  My roots are now dark, I mean really dark...not just dirty blonde, or chestnut, or mousy brown...they are black.  Strange.


Speaking of things that endlessly fascinate me, I also have another random and maybe gross fascination.  I do not really make earwax.  Ha!  I know it sounds crazy, but I am constantly trying to find some in my ear...and when I find the smallest amount of orange on the end of my Q-tip it is like a major accomplishment.  Really, it makes my day.  Christos does make earwax, and when he has a particularly large amount he always runs in to brag and show it to me and "nanny nanny boo boo" about it.  (If this mental image is disturbing and you stop reading now I cannot really blame you, but, really, what house does not have some strange things going on behind closed doors????)


Anyway...MARIA MAKES EARWAX!!!!  And my new favorite passtime is to search for it while she is eating.  It is like unearthing treasure to dig out sweet little pieces of orange wax with my nail.  (Don't worry, I am not thrusting anything down her ear canal...just scraping along the outside  Joy of joys there is enough that it actually falls out!)  Maybe you have all lost all respect for me, but I do not care.  It entertains me, and I never fail to give Christos a full wax report at the end of the day!    

So, that is an account of Maria at four months.   Maria is a happy happy baby!!!!


 Almost always!!!!  HA!!!!!


Maria has so much laughter and causes so much laughter around here.  She really is such good company and a pleasure to be around.

HAPPY FOUR MONTHS MARIA!!!!




.

2 comments:

  1. Love it - Love it - Love it! Beach Baby Beauty - already 4 months old! Poppa and Nana are looking forward to pinching those fat little legs and kissing those sweet little cheeks and hearing her adorable chattering. Hugs - kisses - love - prayers for you, Christos and Maria. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM ALL!!! But I have to say, I think my favorite would have to be the pouty lip! Too cute! Glad to see she's a beach baby like the rest of the Hogans (and her daddy). It's definitely in her blood!
    Love to all!

    ReplyDelete